As a successful multinational investor or business owner, you need legal advisors who understand your goals and can anticipate your needs. International business planning attorneys María Elia Gastélum and Antonio Gastélum are licensed to practice law in both the United States and Mexico and have extensive experience with a range of international business concerns for high-net-worth clients. As you oversee the growth of your business ventures in the U.S., Latin America, and around the world, our team will take care of all of your legal needs. As dual-licensed bilingual attorneys, we make every effort to ensure that our Latin American clients feel comfortable doing business wherever they are and that they are given the respect they have earned as savvy and successful business people.
When it Comes to Cross-Border Business, You Can Count on Us!
As soon as your business or investment crosses an international border, your legal and tax planning concerns become much more complicated. Multinational business people and entrepreneurs need a law firm on their team that understands these complications and has the tools to make sure they comply with the law while minimizing their tax burden. To that end, our services include the following:
- Serving as outside general counsel to businesses or other legal entities. We put our range of legal expertise to work for your business by serving as outside general counsel handling transactional work, compliance issues, contracts, and board relations.
- Formation of corporations and LLCs in the U.S. and in other major international financial centers. Our team will offer sound advice and handle all legal aspects involved with the formation of a new business—no matter where the business is located.
- Corporate and family governance. Our attorneys are experienced in facilitating the establishment or maintenance of a business’s chosen form of governance and will act as advisors as needed.
- Business continuation and succession. As part of our international estate planning practice, we provide succession planning for your business to ensure that your wishes for the future of your business are honored.
- Real estate transfers in the U.S. and Mexico. Cross-border real estate deals can involve local, state, federal, and international laws, not to mention tax implications. Our attorneys can ensure a smooth process.
- Contract drafting and negotiation. The legal cornerstone of any business, our attorneys are experienced in international contract law and are skilled negotiators in a variety of situations.
- Trademark and copyright prosecution. Many businesses have to deal with a copyright or trademark infringement issue at some point. Our attorneys will fight to protect what is rightfully yours.
- Growth representation. We provide legal support for start-ups, joint ventures, subsidiary operations, franchise agreements, and more. Whatever growth opportunity you are pursuing and wherever it takes you, we will be there for you.
While these are some typical services we provide, we are not limited to just these areas of business law. We have handled many other legal situations including environmental regulations, aviation law, registration of marine vessels, tax law, immigration issues, and much more. Please contact us to discuss your needs and how we may be able to help you.
We Build Relationships With Our Clients
We are passionate about our clients’ success and provide top-notch customer service. As attorneys who were educated in Mexico and the United States, and are licensed to practice law in both countries, we make our clients feel at home as we help them grow and expand their business ventures throughout the world. We offer the latest in communication technology so that we can work with international clients wherever their work or leisure pursuits take them. There is rarely a need for you to have to visit us in our California office, but we are happy to welcome you if you decide to stop by! Reach out to us today to learn more about how we can help you and your business. We are available at your convenience to discuss our services and your needs.