Foreigner with U.S. assets but no American will, what happen

Assets located in the U.S. will be unprotected and subject to the probate process in your country of residence, or in the alternative, there will be an ancillary probate process in the U.S. The judicial process with or without a will is called “probate.” This will probably cause the freezing of the accounts or property while the U.S. court receives instructions from the probate court or judge in your country of residence, or while an estate representative is appointed. In addition, all the information subject to probate is public information.

We Offer Complete International Estate Planning Services

Are you an ultra-wealthy citizen of Mexico or other Latin American country who has considerable investments and assets in the U.S. as well as in your home country? You need to speak with an international estate planning attorney. MEG International is committed to helping you protect your assets, control the distribution of your assets after death, and determine the direction of your business or family after you are gone. Call us at (800) 694-6604 or contact us online today. Do not put off this important decision for later. Our firm will provide you with trustworthy and reliable representation so you can get the peace of mind of having made the right decisions.

Contact Us

Free Book Offers